Welcome to Reaching for New Horizons!!!!!

This blog was created to share my experiences as I journeyed toward my then Master of Arts degree to my now doctoral degree in Early Childhood. Feel free to share your great experiences in this great field.

Monday, June 20, 2011

What I think of Child Development......

A quote regarding children that truly touched me is the following:

"No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure." - Emma Goldman, author

6 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa,
    Thanks for your post and I really like your quote regarding child development. It truely is a great statement and hopefully will lead others into making positive choices for our youngsters. Your posts during this class have all been interesting and I enjoyed learning your perspectives. Good luck!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vanessa,

    What a wonderful post! I have found your blogs to be quite intriuging. Children truly do possess uniques innocent characteristics in their souls. If educators embraced this thought, their approach to instruction would be quite different. Again, thanks for your meaningful contributions to the course this semester, and best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa I really like this quote. In other words we have a lot to learn from children. What I think we could learn from children is how to forgive too. Children may have their differences at times, but they get over it quickly and are playing again. Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best as you continue your studies in the Early Childhood Field.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa, thanks for sharing this quote! I feel like that's a great thing to live for. You know you are doing your job right when you get to enjoy a child for who they truly are, and actually see some of these true characteristics come alive. Best wishes in the rest of your Walden Career! Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vanessa,
    Your blog is so well design and beautiful! Love your quote as well!
    Edith

    ReplyDelete