Welcome to Reaching for New Horizons!!!!!

This blog was created to share my experiences as I journeyed toward my then Master of Arts degree to my now doctoral degree in Early Childhood. Feel free to share your great experiences in this great field.

Friday, March 11, 2011

My favorite children's is Brown Bear, Brown Bear...What do you see?

I use this book for a one month theme of lesson plans. The children were introduced to colors, numbers, rhyming words, animal sounds etc.  At the end of this unit, I had one of my three year students to invite me to sit down to read the book. He read the to me from cover to cover.  I know much of it was from my repetition reading the story and his memory,but it was the most fulfilling moment of my life.  I knew then without a shadow of a doubt I was purposed to work with preschool age children. (smile and misty).

1 comment:

  1. Brown Bear is such a fun book to read and share with young children. I teaches colors and animals through repeated phrase. It is definitely a pre-K staple.

    ReplyDelete