Welcome to Reaching for New Horizons!!!!!

This blog was created to share my experiences as I journeyed toward my then Master of Arts degree to my now doctoral degree in Early Childhood. Feel free to share your great experiences in this great field.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Personal Childhood Web

I don't think I have enough space to display pictures of all those that have influenced my life. However I share with you my follow classmates and professer 10 people that mean the world to me.  The large black and white picture is of my parents.  They are the first loves of my life.  They told me I could do anything I set my mind on.  I have always been very tall and my parents made me feel so good about my height.  I share my wedding picture with my maternal and paternal grandmothers.  These ladies provided me great wisdom of being a wife and mother.  They shared great stories of their childhood.  They also encourage me to be a woman of intergrity and to follow my dreams.  There is another picture of my parents with their best friends, my God-parents.  My God-parents mean the world to me.  They just like my parents and grandparents encourage me in my education and in my growth as a woman.  They made me feel as loved as my parents.  I included a picture of my nursery school graduation because it was through the Mr.and Mrs. Thomas and their wonderful nursery that my interest for preschool education was peaked.  Finally, the bottom picture is of my aunt and uncle.  My sweet aunt Rochelle operated an inhome daycare for over twenty years and was a foster parent.  It was through her love of children that the seeds of preschool education was watered in my life.  This is just a few people that make up my web of encouragement and love.  I am thankful for all of the support I was given and continue to receive.

1 comment:

  1. I love that your childhood web is short and to the point! You are very lucky to have so many positive influences in your childhood! My Aunt and Uncle are my God-Parents and I did not actually mention in my web, because although they loved and supported me, I did not see them but a few times a year. Your pictures are all very sweet, and I love the big pictures of your parents! They are so cute! I can understand where you got your height from, and I'm glad to hear that they were very supportive of your height. I was always the shortest kid in the class, and I loved it. I never wanted to be tall. I am still short today, but now I wish I was taller! If you care to switch any day now, just let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete